43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

.

Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Rationale

When designing the front cover of my magazine 'Lizzy' I chose to use a large font for the head mast in bubble writting in order to make the text stand out and be appealing to the target audience, I have also therefore used the QE college logo colours of purple and gold these also royal colours and may bring in a certain target audience of the college.
The main sell line on the front cover is again a bronze colour in order to keep in with the limited pallet of warm colours. Staying within a limited pallet allows the magazine to sublty stand out with out appearing over crowded. The main sell line is also in bold bubble writting as it will be the main heading that will determine a purchase from students.
The images on my magazine are that of a male and female student toegther appearing happy at college. This is in order for new students who would aspire to be like this once they have settled into college have a look and see what the arcicle is about.

When designing my contents page for my magazine I used popular magazines for inspiration, I have included a picture of the editor so that new members of the college can see who they need to speak to regarding the college magazine. The inviting title of 'This month in Lizzy' sticks to the Lizzy logo and the same colour pallet of the front page to avoid clash. The editors letter welcomes the readers and creates a less personal aura. I have included snap shot pictures in the contents to show readers what the pages contain.

No comments: