This is my front cover for my magazine, I have decided to call my magazine 'Space' mirroring the famous night club in Ibiza. The mast head font and colour is how the club sign is in Ibiza therefore, for clubbers (who my magazine is aimed at) immediately recognising the space font and colour would draw them to my magazine. I have decided to use the main sell line in font that is from the Ibiza Rocks plectrum it reinforces the house music vibe of the magazine and again would catch the attention of those loyal to the music genre or who indulge in the Ibiza Rocks merchandise. I have chosen to use the colour of pink as it reinforces the models sexuality and the colour is also bright with connotations of girly, fun, and youth. The sell lines beneath are black in colour and contain a mixture of normal font and italics. The italics work as almost a categorizer as they break up the sell lines making it easier for the reader to focus on each individual story. The 'Bethy B' sell line is going to be on a slant catching the readers eye and representing her personality and bringing it to the paper. The interview with Rio Perkins has been bordered as it is the feature of my double page spread and this would suggest that there is a huge story/ exclusive on this story. The Ibiza Rocks plectrum is on the right hand side of the magazine high up in line with the models head as in the view of the magazine, it is just as important as a selling device as the objectified model. Also for the readers the two would become associated with each other which would attract both female and a male audience as she is aspirational. The featuring Poppy-Love is in italics limiting the amount of different fonts used to avoid the magazine looking cluttered. The picture of poppy is seductive, suggestive and cheeky which is how I want her persona to be portrayed. She also appears rather ghetto and like people can associate themselves with her and understand her even though she is extremely individual.

On the contents page I have stuck to the same sort of colours as the front cover to add continuity and avoid the magazine looking tacky and confusing. The page numbers categorise the magazine stories and include some of the main sell lines but not all of them as it would make some readers flick straight to the page and not look at others such as advertising pages or other articles. The top right photo features a typical clubber dressed in UV broadening the target audience. In the background of the picture I want a busy setting of either a club or party scene. The below image is my only 2 shot image in the magazine. They are mid close up which differs to my other shots in the magazine adding variety.
This is my Double Page Spread for my magazine, Space. The colour scheme is going to have continuity from the contents and front cover. The same fonts of Blake and 60's Pop will feature throughout the Double Page Spread to prevent the page looked crowded cluttered. The photography that I am going to use is from nights out with my models in order to keep the location and theme of the article on the mind of the readers. The photo's will emphasise rebellion and friendship which is a main connotation of the clubbing lifestyle and what young people (my target audience) want to see. I am going to include in my magazine a quote somewhere in the middle of the page I am just not too sure yet but I will experiment on indesign and photoshop for the final edition of the magazine.


No comments:
Post a Comment