43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

.

Thursday, 10 February 2011

Front Cover shoot


I think this shot of Poppy will be perfect for my magazine. Her personality being wild and daring really comes through in this shot. She appears to have attitude and this mirrors the genre of music that features in my magazine 'Space'. The outfit does reflect summer and holiday fashion as it is a flowery jumpsuit. It is not what I had organised before the shoot however, I am still very pleased with the costume. The hairstyle of Poppy mirrors that of the RnB star Rihanna, and the colour shows connotations that she is passionate yet also could be dangerous.


These poses mirror iconic poses of the RnB star Rihanna and this may make more people be interested in my magazine. The pose is fun and cute drawing in a large audience. The model is featured to the left of the frame leaving room down the right for the sell lines if this was to feature on the front cover of my magazine. This is ideal as people read left to right and would therefore instantly be drawn to the image.

In this shot I like the fact that the wedged heals are in the shot as it shows a quirky yet fashionable sense of style as style runs along paralel to the music industry. The pose of the model is attractive and fun, it makes the readers wonder the story of the model.

This close up of Poppy offers a different view of the model. It emphasises her bright makeup and attractive face. Her hair and lipstick clearly go well together and her dark eyes make a connection to the camera. On the other hand I do not think that this photo would be ideal for a front cover as it is not portrait and I do not think that the composition of the image would work well on a front cover.

I really like this photo especially the personality filled pose that Poppy is doing. It shows her club braclets which would show the audience that the model is also inline with the genre of music that the magazine is promoting.

No comments: